Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Laws of Attraction

The Secret has been a movie that everyone has been talking about for quite awhile now.It is all about the Laws of Attraction. Wikipedia defines them as:

A more modern consensus among New Thought thinkers is that the Law of Attraction says people's thoughts (both conscious and unconscious) dictate the reality of their lives, whether or not they're aware of it. Essentially "if you really want something and believe it's possible, you'll probably get it" but that putting a lot of attention and thought onto something you don't want means you'll probably get that too.

When I first saw the movie I was working for a surreal esoteric-like coffee house. We were open 24/7 so we brought in a very diverse crowd of customers as well as the employees. The employees gathered together one night, as we often did, and decided to watch the movie. What we brought from that movie was a new understanding of life and its principles or laws.

Unfortunately the Laws of Attraction worked in a different way for us at the coffee house. The landlord shut us down and wouldn't renew our lease due to the fact that we were doing too well and he wanted part of our profits with the new lease. This was completely unfair and we wouldn't negotiate on those terms, so he gave us 3 days to vacate the premises. Needless to say we were all shocked and bewildered as well as our loyal customers. The owner decided not to reopen in another location and instead move on to different ventures. I will never forget the place though because it brought so much clarity and hope to my life.

Now I have been back in line with my Twitter tweets here the last couple days. My life seemed to be in shambles due to the lack of funds to stay afloat. The business was suffering and would have to close if we can't afford the servers and I have clients lining up ready to sign but we didn't have the resources to host them. I got back in touch with my friend Kelly, and through reading her more current blogs I was reminded of that day in the coffee house so long ago. She reminded me that if you put forth the effort and put out the energy into the universe, the universe will provide. This was also something I had learned many moons ago when I served as High Priestess for my first Pagan group in Florida.

Manifestation is something that we can control and we are all capable of it. When we put ourselves over to faith we are able to let go and let the universe help us achieve our goals. Does it matter who or what your faith is in? No. As long as you have faith and are able to see past those mundane roadblocks that get in your way you will be able to get anything you want.

So, today I took it upon myself to script out my life. I wrote about what I want and how I see my life becoming in the near future. I included my career, my relationships, and my family. I know from being the scientific skeptic I am that it isn't always possible to get what you want but when you put the energy out there, all of your desires and dreams can be answered. As I said my financial situation has been in ruins. My utilities were due to be shut off and rent was late. When talking with my boss earlier about some work I was doing, he told me I had gmail. I went out and looked and to my surprise, he had loaded money into my Paypal account.

Our servers were due to be shut off and I had no way of coming up with the money. My business partner had the money but he couldn't get it on to an appropriate payment method in time for the payment. One of his dear friends helped us out and took care of the payment for us so that we wouldn't be shut down and enabling us to give her the money outright. She even made sure my domain was renewed so that I had my personal blog back. I also received a call and several emails today for a job working in the cemetery. That cemetery holds special meaning to me since I was married there.

So see, the Laws of Attraction do work for people - even when they may think they are at their lowest. Remember, as Kelly points out, the following things:

What are the lessons here?

  • Determine what you DON'T want to help you determine what you do.
  • Write down what you DO want in extreme detail and keep reading and thinking about it.
  • Start asking for what you want or need to get there from anyone who will listen! (I wrote Tim Sanders, I joined the sites, I bid for jobs even though I felt unsure, I offered additional services to Lethia for things she didn't know I could do, I asked Pam Slim for free coaching and got it).
  • Keep track of the positive things happening.
  • Be grateful for what you already have (rent for the next two months!)
  • Keep tweaking and honing in on the specifics of your dreams and then start back over at the top.
Let those lessons sing true for everyone.

No comments: